Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Legend lives one

Okay so the opening line of The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald should be used for a super hero film.  The song now should be a movie.  I know it has inspired me to write another tale.  Okay start to write.  Somehow I think Harry might like it better if I finish Hope Everlasting first.  I had started a short fic about the 30th anniversary of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald but now that I am working with Harry more I think I need to change the story.  Harry is a great character but having him over by Detroit would be weird.  He is the Guardian of Nashua.  Hmmm...maybe I could change the story and had the wreck happen here on the big lake.  Georgian bay I am sure has some history with ship wrecks.  Heck the bay is huge, even if it isnt on one of big lakes it is still on a LARGE lake.  Lake Simcoe in fact.  I should get my new friends (and old) here in my new hometown to give me some history so I can come up with tales.  Stories of urban myths and legends set in this small Canadian city that is so like Nashua. 

Inspiration...it strikes hard when it does.  Gotta love it.  Love how music can lead to words and words to music.  The grand circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment