Monday, November 11, 2013

Reviewing indie author works

As many of you know i am an indie author.  I write a ton of short stories, poems and even novels and put them out toe the world.  In the past few years I have met a number of highly talented authors and I have decided that one way I can help them is to put my reviews up on my blogs so that other people can see how good these writers are.

I thought I would start with Simone Beaudelaire.  This young woman is a mom, a teacher and a writer of some very fine historical romances.  I have reviewed five titles of hers so far and here are the reviews.

Amor Maldito: Romantic Tragedies from Tejano Folklore

Amor Maldito: Romantic Tragedies from Tejano Folklore
Price: $0.99


3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Three interesting tales told, September 15, 2013
When I read these three tales at first I was a little confused. These romantic ghost stories are from a culture that I don't know much about but as I read them I found myself transported. I could see the young people in these tales walking into their fates like I was watching a movie. Well told stories that just need a tweak here and there to help the flow but otherwise this is a grand set of stories. Perfect for a dark and chilly night.

Into the Darkness

Into the Darkness
Price: $2.99


1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Three out of four ain't bad, November 3, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Into the Darkness (Kindle Edition)
An interesting collection of four tales told very differently.

While the first story did not hold my attention well the other three were very well done. Each tale is very different from a twilight zone to time travel story this book is well worth the price.

Watching Over the Watcher

Watching Over the Watcher
Price: $2.99


3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Love gentle and sweet, November 4, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
A lovely story with the hint of the paranormal. This tale takes a number of the most popular romance themes pulled together into a sweet story of love, innocence, crime and family. A read that should make most of the romance community proud to own it.

Wallflower Girl

Wallflower Girl
Price: $2.99


5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet, November 4, 2013
This review is from: Wallflower Girl (Kindle Edition)
An incredibly sweet and powerful little love story that shows even those not noticed among us long for love. finding a true love from a past life made this yet another wonderful little paranormal romance by a talented new writer

Keeping Katerina (The Victorians)

Keeping Katerina (The Victorians)
Price: $2.99


1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Should be Saving Katerina, I know I will, November 9, 2013
A tale of abuse and love and redemption. So well and touchingly written that you really have to finish it in one sitting. You really hope that she can grow past what happened to her. Add this to your bookshelf. You won't regret it.


As you can see I have really enjoyed these works of fiction.  Try one or more.  I bet you will too!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, those are GREAT reviews of Simone's works! As someone who does not read romance stuff very often, the outline you give that mentions paranormal stuff is helpful to me since I do enjoy paranormal tales. Thanks! Tom.

    ReplyDelete