Tuesday, September 3, 2013

An interesting idea

Amazon has started a new program that might or might not be a boon for writers.  The idea is that you buy an author's book in paper format and you can get the digital format for $2.99, 99 cents or even free, depending on its original price. 

Now it is a boon because it should help sell those paperbacks that authors have and give the reader a digital format to take with them on trips.  The catch being I am not sure if this will be changing the ebook version's price all the time.  I don't have an issue if someone who purchases say Endings in paperback for $5.99 gets the digital copy for free.  This would bee a good thing for me but if they put the digital copy for free for everyone then I am screwed.

I am going to have to wait and see.  If it messes up I will update you and change my listings.  For now Endings, Revenge, Fall Into Nightmares and Love, Loss and Loneliness have been enrolled.  As I don't plan on doing the rest of my books outside of the way I have them all ready this won't kill me.

With the change of the season it looks like people are buying.  Okay one sale on Amazon and three on Barnes and Noble but I take them where I can get them of course.  It helps me to feel that producing my words is reaching people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment