Monday, April 7, 2014

More book reviews for your reading pleasure...or what is she reading now?

Yup another Monday has rolled forward and I have reviews for you to read of books that you can take a chance on.  Nothing like finding something different, something odd and something cheap at the same time right?

Yes I am always looking for a bargain.  As I have yet to make a living at being a writer (Okay I haven't made more than a few dollars so far but we won't go into that) so feeding my overwhelming addiction to the written word is hard.  When amazon sent out the email to everyone who had bought books from certain big name publishers, well I was happy as all heck.  I picked up first of course a book from a friend writer and read through it in a day.  Yes I do that.  I read way too fast but that is not what I plan on reviewing here!

I then sat back and decided it was time to read and review more of the books i took a chance on when they were free.  The first is:

Magenta Shaman by Lily Childs
Magenta Shaman

Now I haven't posted this review yet on Amazon but I plan to soon.

While this is a short story, it is a pretty intense one  With plenty of detailed description, you get a true feel to these characters.  As an introduction you are given what you need to see that this world will be unfolding into a complex one.  With strong characters, tension, action and a lot of rich story telling, why not try it out?

Next is:

Stray by Rachel Vincent
Stray

Another in the series of strong female leads that have been so popular right now.  Fayth is something different, she is a were cat.

Like all modern women she just wants to live her life the way she chooses.  There is one problem though, as a werecat tabby, she is a rare and precious thing.

When a strange tom tries to attack her, she kicks backside but is hauled home by her father's order.  And we have the beginning of a great tale.

Evil strays bent on taking the rare tabbies and an overwhelming attraction to an enforcer gives us a great lead into a new series.  Well worth reading.

and finally we have:

Killer in Sight (A Tom Lackey Mystery)
Killer in Sight
Price: $4.78
       

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little mystery, July 29, 2012
   
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Killer in Sight (A Tom Lackey Mystery) (Kindle Edition)
With lots of possible suspects, twists and turns and a touch of the otherworldly this story is a great read. There were a couple of formatting issues but they really didn't detract from the story being told. I was intrigued by the iriology and the idea of capturing the last image seen by dead eyes. While I am sure that it is something this author invented I think it would be a great tool for those trying to solve crimes. I would say get this tale and sit back for a fun ride.

Have fun reading folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment