Friday, March 15, 2013

Where is spring?

Well I think it might be spring.  Can't tell because of the snow falling right now but the seeds in my kitchen have mostly sprouted.  Those tiny little shoots of green have put me in a better mood for sure.  Simple little veggies that I hope will make it to harvest come the fall. 

The baby squirrels that had been racing around on the fence out my window have gone back to sleep for a bit thanks to the cold.  Too bad since they were so fun to watch.

I am thinking of trying out new recipes yet again.  My brownies of course are now old hat.  I have memorized them and tweak as needed when the air is too dry, etc.  Muffins are the same.  I can substitute any number of different fruits and they come out quite yummy.  Today I will need to make a new batch, lemon I think.  But I need something new in my collection of cooking.  Something to celebrate, well to celebrate just being alive for another spring right?

Not that I have been sick but it is good to celebrate the little things.  Even if you are just celebrating getting up without a lot of pain, it is worth it.  Something to lift the heart and the soul.  A good cup of tea and a bit of music playing and just smiling at the world around you.  Do it folks, don't let the world get you down.  Yes it happens but we all need to remember that we are alive and things can always get better!



No comments:

Post a Comment